Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service appertains to stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a server managed by a hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's take a peek at them. Doing so, you can decide what you need, based on whether you wish to launch a weblog, emails, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by certain companies, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file storage accounts frequently include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally incorrect interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between individual bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different web space hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a big number of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will get a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your email address accounts. Some suppliers provide web hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you wish to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to keep as many videos as you want to without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to have a web site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and emails, upload videos, and so on. At hostonfire.com, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific web content exclusively.